Tuesday, May 29, 2012

After Ed Roberson poem

The poem i decided to focus on was the poem titled Spontaneous Supremacies. When i first read the poem i thought of an individual who has been locked away in a room for so long that no one remembers him. I also got the feeling that this is a person with cancer and trying to fight back to get their life back to how it use to be. I mean this poem can be taken any way but the part that got me was the part that stated "what was locked out...out of nowhere    now in   starts in its shit   it wants everything back." its saying as if they have fought this before and it left and now that the cancer has returned its taken everything back from there life.

My Part
What is belonged should come
No longer pondering forgetful squatters
Starry eyes foreseen wakened
Betrayed
Claims nothing; there is nothing
but I want
I see
I forget the locks of chains
backing up missing exposure
packing raised village neighbors
silent, alone hazed by the daze
counting cities darken but isn't
bearing the eternity of equal
who has forgotten Guilty bone
Cells cluttered
Coward roaring grabs a hold
EVERYTHING CLAIMED

No comments:

Post a Comment