Thursday, June 21, 2012

After reading Flourescence

After reading the book, I was amazed at the different writing techniques that the author had done. Especially the first one I saw which was Trace3 on page 1, it was quite interesting how she wrote it in a form of an X. The language was also intriguing  like at the beginning it says, "to make  to make up  she was making or marking something to mock up the maker". That one part was so confusing but interesting because I wanted to know what she was talking about and why. Also after reading the entire poem I started to realize it sound like she was talking about an escaped convict or who thought he got away without being seen. What lead me to that conclusion was key words like x, named, flashed, traced, masked, finger marks, escaped and unnoticed. Very interesting and it got me reading it over and over again. Even in different to see if there was a hidden message in the form of the story. Overall it was a great story and I enjoyed it very much.

The next poem in the book was called what holds the body on page 3. This was the most weird and bizarre written thing I had ever noticed. you have these whole pages with only little written on them and the language is confusing and misunderstanding as well. Like you have one page with four lines on it; then you have one with one word on it and the rest with a little more then the first. The page with the one word was the most shocking part because I didn't understand why the light being orange was such a big deal that she had to put the word orange on its own page. Its almost seemed as if the character was hiding from someone as you read the rest of the story. What made me think that was when on page 7 she said, SHHHHHHHH! It is here now, wobbling, advancing, my own, breath, gulps and gasps then settles down. Like the bad person had walked passed them and they was making sure no one noticed them. I think it ended the way it did because they ended up not getting caught. It was a good and confusing story for myself to read but I enjoyed it very much.

The last reading that caught my eye was titled * in part one on page 11. This whole poem/story confused me the most. I was trying to catch on to what was being said but I couldn't grasp the concept. The first half starts by I want to begin at the beginning the beginning of begin and just begin voice beginning to rise beginning to just voice the beginning of. Now that part was making sense up until it started talking about the voice that through me off and then it continued with more words. Like the rain and the snow and tough less and speaking and starting. Its all confusing but if I had to make a guess about the story and what it was about. I would probable say about an individual who have trouble making speeches and always find there self lost of words and not know what to say and how to say it. Or just even being scared at the fact that they have to do a speech in front of people and it scares them that if the mess up they probably wont be able to start from the beginning. I enjoy being confused by the wording and the point of view of the story/ poem. The book was really good and quite interesting and i would definitely recommend it to others to read.

1 comment:

  1. really excellent responses here the past few weeks. well done.

    ReplyDelete